The other day I got into a good natured discussion with WWJ and 97.1 update guy Tony Ortiz about candy bars. I could not understand why a man with Tony’s intelligence and taste could say that Milky Way tastes better than Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I was shocked and appalled. First of all can somebody tell me what that goop is in the middle of a Milky Way. I don’t even like the texture. When I was a kid I skipped houses giving away Milky Way bars.
I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Tony said he is not a fan of peanut butter.
Tony and I have been on opposite sides of debates before. We were in the Lions Roar gift shop in Ford Field talking about “classic NFL uniforms.” I mentioned the Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers. Tony said I missed a team
“You forgot the Detroit Lions,” he said.
I lost my shit. I laughed so hard that tears rolled out of my eyes and I was bent over so badly that my stomach began to hurt.
Now I bring you the Terry Foster Fab Five of candy bars.
- KIT KAT: When I stress eat I’m usually breaking off a piece of that Kit Kat bar. The chocolate and wafer combination is well balanced. The taste is heavenly.
- ALMOND JOY: This used to be my number one until Kit Kat stole the crown. During the 1967 riots looters swiped a case of Almond Joys for me. But my grand mother would not allow me to accept the gift because it was stolen.
- SNICKERS: I was on a date with a cutie when we stopped for a Snickers bar. She invited me back to her place to peak at her Snickers. It wasn’t what I thought. She had a freezer full of Snickers and I had a new way to enjoy one of my favorite candy bars.
- MOUNDS: Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don’t. This one probably didn’t make your list but I enjoy the combo of dark chocolate and coconut. A nice change of pace.
- REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: Who doesn’t like peanut butter? Oh, odd ball Tony. I know that’s not real peanut butter. But my taste buds don’t know the difference. And it is America’s top selling candy bar even though it is not really a candy bar. It’s a cup.